Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

January 3, 2023 ~ January 2023 Devotions: "Radiant"

 And so, I continue. . . 

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works.  Psalms 26:7 KJV

2 Samuel 23:2 - 4 ~ 2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue. 3 The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. 4 And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.  KJV

David reveals his close relationship with the LORD God with these verses, which was not always was with him. He knows time is drawing near and although some say these were some David's last words, others say no. Either way, the recording of this Scripture encouraged me. Although we have "rulers" over us who are not Godly in any way shape or form, I can have that ". . .light of the morning. . . " with a personal relationship with God.

I do pray for our government leaders, our preachers, deacons, laypeople, but many have already given themselves over to a reprobate mind, and I know if the devil can quote Scripture as he makes every effort to destroy our lives, these people over us in any way shape or form, will do the same. If they are Christians, they have not obeyed as God would have them, and their relationship with God has been broken.  The unsaved have one desire and that is to obey their leader (satan). He uses them to hurt the Christian, cause harm to all that they say they want to help and lie as well as the devil. We cannot serve God and Man! 

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

But it is my reaction to all of this that matters. I must maintain my relationship with God through good times and hard times! If I get bitter and hateful, I am only hurting myself. These are sins that God has told us in Scripture that go against everything He wants us to be. No, I am not happy with how they do, but more importantly, am I happy with my reaction? I am to take all my worries, concerns, fears to God in prayer, and He promises us that He will meet us there. My husband has an injured shoulder, blood pressure that will not stabilize; these are the things I must focus on. I am probably facing hip surgery soon; I must focus on my health to be a help to my husband. God's plan is still in place for these two old missionaries, and we are happy to be in the service of the King! But we are reminded always, that we can be drawn into more sin if we are not careful. So, our reaction to any negative situation is critical to our relationship with God.

Is there something in your personal life that could cause you to break relationship with God. Our current living situation would be my example. In a way we are still in shock. 30 days ago, we were not even thinking of being where we are today. I could be angry, hateful, bitter; all those things which will hurt me. Our friend no doubt, had a big reason to sell her property. My granddaughter said to me, "But Grandma, why would she make you leave before it was even sold? Can't you live here till it is sold? Then you would have more time to look for a place! This is just so wrong in so many ways! How could she do this to you. I thought she loved you and thought of you and Papa as her spiritual parents?" 

Clearly, she was upset for her grandparents. but I was able to tell her that although "people" think they are in control of our lives, they are not. Our God is in control, always has been, always will be and we can trust in Him to find us another mission home in Florida; one where we will never have to worry about having a place to lay our head at night, while we serve at the printing ministry. For whatever reason, God moved us to stay at "Legacy Bed & Breakfast" (Thank your Mrs. Connie), for two weeks, and for a longer time (a couple of months) stay with Mrs. Cora. (Who by the way got home from nursing home on Monday the 2nd! Thank you all for praying for her!)

Folks, we are surrounded with folks who do not obey God, who do not know what it is to have a full relationship with Him and their lives will not coincide with ours. People are people. Whether by some deed or greed, incorrect thinking or disregard of others; no matter the reason they either purposely hurt others or they do it unknowingly. Just give it all to God. Let Him "Fix" what needs fixing and march on for the cause of Christ.

Let the "Light and Shining" the radiance of the Lord show in your life. Every day is a new day and a new day to do right by others. You can do this with God's Help!  I don't know about you, but I needed this today. Just a few words from the heart of God, to encourage and help each one of us to do right and love God more every day. But that cannot be done if you do not know His Son Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. If you have never asked Him to be your Saviour, ask Him today. He is waiting! Keep looking up Saint, He is coming soon. Will you be ready?

Lord, help us to be wise, studied up, aware, and faithful to You. Amen.

With love and prayers,
LKMilam

May we be faithful to be your Philippians 2:16 Missionaries. 

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam
Missionaries to America
and around the world

SPECIAL PRAYER REQUESTS:

  • Pastor Bernard Antonis, needs special medications and local pharmacies cannot supply and if they did their cost is $1,300.00 - Pray Mrs. Carolyn as his caregiver
  • Pray for my siblings, Cecil, Jim, Joe, Roger, Ray, William, Lillian, Edie, Diane, Julia, Joyce, and all of their families. All saved, but not all are serving God
  • Pray for our churches and REVIVAL to come in 2023 as never before all around our nation. 
  • Pray for our need for a home here in Florida - we know you have the supply Lord already, help us to be patient.
  • Pray for our dear friend, Sister Connie Booher and her graciousness to put us up for a couple of weeks till Mrs. Cora's is ready for us in a more long-time situation.
  • Pray for Sister Cora and her hip healing from a fall and surgery. Pray she can come home from the nursing homes today as planned and that her granddaughters will have a good visit with her.
  • Pray for the Printing Ministry and all that goes on with it. Pray for the Mission Team coming in June that we will be able to finish all the work they will do for the few days they are with us.
  • Pray for me and Tom; our health, out strength, and our service.
  • Robyn-Health
  • Carol and Richard-Health
  • Cathy-Health
  • 2-month-old great-nephew Evan. He is in the hospital with RSV strep throat, and a bacterial blood infection
  • Pastor Antonis-Health
  • Marsha-Health and ankle pain
  • Sharon J. Her mom Kathryn's health.
  • Pastor Johnny J-health and recovery from surgery
  • Carol and Richard-Health
  • Cathy-Health
  • Arlene-Health
  • Ruth-Health
  • Brian-Health
  • Keth Cook Family
  • Lucinda Lane Family
  • Tipton Family
  • Penny - special unspoken
  • Miss Shirley-health
  • Bro. Wayne-health
  • Mrs. Cora - health
  • Carolyn-health
  • Tudino family
  • Fuentes Family
  • DeSalvio Family
  • Thompson Family
  • Dewey Williams and wife - flu
  • David Harrison-cancer
  • Davis and Tichnell Family
  • Billy Ward - health and healing



No comments:

Post a Comment