Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2023

December 30, 2022 ~ Devotions: "The Light of the World"

And so, I continue. . . 


That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works.  Psalms 26:7 KJV

1 John 1:6 -7 ~ 6) If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. KJV   

Do you have a relationship with the Father, God? Do you wake up in the morning and can't wait to get out of bed to read your bible, devotions, pray? We have been through a hard time, the first phase of that hard time ended last Thursday Night the 29th day of December 2022. We knew we had done all we could do; the rest is in God's hands and its now His business. Although, I had my devotions like normal (all be it late in posting) I was off kilter! Our lives, we felt were off center, and we were facing a notice to vacate what we thought was our permanent mission home here in Florida. But may I say, our only PERMANENT home is in heaven, as Christians.

We all have our own journey in this world, and may I remind myself and you, no matter where the journey takes you, if you have Jesus as your Saviour, He is guiding, leading, and loving us through every single solitary step! He is the light of the World, and choose to follow that Light, just as the Israelites followed the "light" through the journey to the promised land, we follow our Lord through our journey to OUR PROMISED LAND, Heaven!

I ask again, what is your relationship with God like? Are you walking in the light, or are you walking in darkness?  It cannot be both ways. Jesus Made that very clear in Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. And in here in 1 John, it is pronounced as basically impossible to do both as well. "HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!"

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

 The Light of the World is Jesus

The whole world was lost in the darkness of sin,
The Light of the world is Jesus!
Like sunshine at noonday, His glory shone in.
The Light of the world is Jesus!
 

Come to the light, 'tis shining for thee;
Sweetly the light has dawned upon me.
Once I was blind, but now I can see:
The Light of the world is Jesus!

If you don't know Him, come to Him today! 

Philippians 2:16 

 Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment