Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

January 10 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

"ARE YOU READY"

(2 Timothy 4:6-8)

    Many people allow the cares and worries of this world to depress and discourage them.  Therefore, they will begin to think that they might get cheated and not get to enter Heaven.  But this is not so dear friend, you can cast your fears to the wind, you are a child of God.  Therefore, you will gain your inheritance.  You have been making installments up there since the day you got saved.

    I’ll never forget what an old black man told me several years ago, while visiting in a hospital.  He was 86 years old and said he was ready to die, that he had been laying up things in Heaven for many years and “Just as soon as God gets my seat ready,” he said, “I’m going to go sit in it.”  I asked him was he afraid?  He said, “Oh no, God has a crown that won’t fit nobody but me.”  “And there’s one place for me to sit, and not even the great Apostle Paul can sit in my chair.” He said, “There is a portion of Heaven made just for me, it is assigned to me, and I can’t lose it.”

    Friends, you can be assured, Heaven is ours already, just as if we were already there, if you are a born-again child of God.  You have reserved for you a robe, a crown, and a mansion.  Jesus will take us to those places that He couldn’t tell us of while down here, because we could not have contained it in our temporal state.  If you believe in the Lord Jesus, have repented of your sin, been renewed in your heart, then you are Gods’.  There is a place, a crown and a “seat” ready for you when you enter into glory.

"Ready"

I am ready to go, Heaven awaits,

My fighting is ending, I’m reaching for the gates.

Faith is turning to sight, my course is set,

His appearing I love, so a crown I’ll get.


God has a crown that won’t fit nobody but me.


Daily Scripture Reading:  Genesis 28-30

Weekly Memory Verses: Genesis 22:9-11

Genesis 22:9-11 ~ 9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. 11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

With love and prayers,

May we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam
Missionaries to America
and around the world






No comments:

Post a Comment