Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2023

January 22, 2023 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

"I’m Not What I Was, And Not Yet What I Can Be"

Ephesians 2:1-13

I look back over my life and all I can see that I had, was sin, heartache and misery. Now that I’m living the Redeemed life, I can see no room for pride; I am nothing, but what Christ has made me; I have nothing, but what He has given me. I look back at where I was and what I was, and realize, had it not been for His loving mercy and grace, I was doomed for eternity. He came to where I was, in the filth and wretchedness of my unbelief and sin. Not by force, but gently showed Himself as the ultimate deliverer; He loved me more than I was loving myself. I look at myself now and know that without His presence and indwelling power, I would have no conscience to direct me into the realm of holiness and righteousness. Without His ever present, abiding love, I am hopeless and helpless, to God be the Glory! 

I was a bad sinner when He found me and troubled my heart with conviction, and I am so very thankful that I invited Him into my heart before I got worse than what I was.

I look now to His appearing, while waiting and serving. God help me stay away from pride of self and be a willing warrior, fighting on the front lines against an enemy that has set himself in opposition of all that is right and Godly.  

“A Place At The Masters Table”

I could have been in hell, 

And might well should have been:

But Jesus gave me mercy, 

And filled my heart within.

I now am walking boldly, in grace and love divine-

I soon will hear Him call me, 

To Heaven, with Him, to dine.


                         ~ Tom Milam

                                                            

                                                                Daily Jewel:

“I look back over my life and all I can see that I had was sin, heartache, and misery."

Daily Scripture Reading Exodus 14-16        Weekly Memory Verses: Hebrews 11:23-29 

With love and prayers,

May we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam

Missionaries to America and Around the World

No comments:

Post a Comment