Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2023

January 22, 2023 ~ January 2023 Devotions: "Radiant"

 And so, I continue. . .  

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works.  Psalms 26:7 KJV 

Acts 6:8, 15 ~ 8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. 15 And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel. KJV 

We are servants of the Lord, and because of that we must go and be used of Him to reach others. We don't HAVE TO GO, but He bids us go! How we go will affect directly the people that we are sent to serve and minister too! There are some tasks that we are faced with that we really don't have the ability to do and that is when God's strength and power come in. I may not be able to do anything in my own strength, but if I remember that I am there because of HIM, I know that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 ~ I am not as young as I used to be, but I am all that I should be for Him who sent me, and when I go in His name, He supplies in all ways, physically, mentally, materially, spiritually. Praise His Holy name. 

Ministering to the sick, healing sight, healing bodies wracked with disease, raising the dead; the Lord Jesus made it His personal task to go to them, touch them, minister to them, raise them up and love them. If He thought it so important, we should as well and go as His emissaries. 

When I got up this morning, my body knew I had almost stretched it to its 72-year-old limit yesterday, BUT GOD. Lamentations 3:22-23 ~ 22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.  I am a little stiff, but I am mobile. I can walk, talk, sit, cook, drive, all those things I need to do not only for myself, but for others. How? God gives me strength as I go, and He will do the same for you. The dear one I served yesterday is basically bedridden. We are blessed to be able to help in any way!

I cannot testify of Him enough. I had a whole day to spend with one of my daughters. We worked, fellowshipped, loved on each other, cried a little, laughed a lot!  I had made her one of her most favorite dishes "Million Dollar Spaghetti" with a twist - it was delicious. As we ate together, I thought of when she was just a little girl sitting on my lap and I would feed her! She was so huggable, kissable, and wanted more of the same from me. She is now a grown woman and in a path none of us thought would be. BUT GOD! 

We might look at situations like hers and say how tragic...but she calls it, "Her place that God brought her to," and just like Stephen, you can see it on her face. "Why not me?", she says, "Since it is me, it isn't one of my children, my parents, my siblings." Stephen wanted to do what he did for Christ's sake, and she will come through like Stephen as well. People will look upon her and know that she spends time with the LORD. Great and mighty things will we see when she is restored to walking, dressing herself, fixing her hair, putting on a little make up!  And the shining face of confidence given to her by the LORD will make her glow, and that will bring many to Jesus.

Pray for her with us and know that God is NOT done yet! I know she would want me to ask you, "If you were to die today are you sure you will go to heaven?" YOU can know and be sure!  Be with us on that great day when God sends His Son to "go get your Bride". Take Jesus as your personal Saviour and be saved today!

HE CARES!

Do You Know HIM?

Lord, help us to be wise, studied up, aware, and faithful to You. Amen.

With love and prayers, 
May we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam
Missionaries to America
and around the world


SPECIAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
  • Pam Shumate - health
  • Brenda Milam - wisdom and health (Tom's sister)
  • The Henshaw's health - praise the Lord their home sold, but at the end of February they will be moving out of state. Pray for them through these great changes.
  • Edie Smith - health (my sister)
  • PJ - heart surgery, complications of blood clots in the brain and in his legs
  • John Odom - aneurisms. 
  • Louise Odom - cancer treatments.
  • Imogene Walston - back injury and major mouth surgery on the 25th, next Wednesday.
  • Connie - injured back, continued healing.
  • Pastor Greg - blood pressures issues and thank the Lord for giving him traveling grace.
  • Miss Shirley-health - doing some better and able to help in the print shop some in the last couple of weeks. 
  • Please pray for our daughter Lita in her health journey with Guillain-Barré syndrome
  • UPDATE: Continue to Pray for Donna Kendall's daughter - pray for swift healing from recent surgery!
  • Pray for Richard Rosenmeier family - Passed 1/8/23 Lord, please help and bless the family and friends.
  • David Wiles - Cancer
  • Pastor Baker - went home to be with the Lord. Please pray for his family and his church
  • Pastor Bernard Antonis ~ HEALTH, PRAISE THE LORD for answered prayers - Pray for Mrs. Carolyn as his caregiver and a healing touch on her body.
  • These families have lost loved ones to death in the last few months: John Isler, Larry Goodman, Frank Sparks, Lucinda Lane, Randy Rolle, Ruth Kemp, Bill Alley, Keith Cook, Cathy Harrison, Rachel Vance, Gail Tipton, Bob DeSalvio, Gail Tipton, Davis and Tichnell Family, Tudino family, Fuentes Family, DeSalvio Family, Thompson Family, The Toler Family in the homegoing of Donnie, Lucinda Lane Family (my beautiful sister-in-love), Keith Cook Family (our nephew and Tom's sister Florences' son), The Leo Family, The Echeverria Vallejos family in the homegoing of Patricia's father, 
  • Shannon - health problems, grieving in loss of father.
  • DJ needs a special touch from heaven. (Shannon's son and she has asked us to pray for DJ - God Knows!
  • Carolyn-health 
  • Pray for our need for a home here in Florida - We know You have the supply Lord already, help us to be patient. We moved Saturday the 14th, once again, to a precious saint's home for a couple of Months... at least till May when we will "move again." We are glad to be a help to Sister Cora and feel by May she will have her strength and healing by then.
  • Pray for Stan Skriloff - cancer and treatments and pray for his caregiver wife Caren! 
  • Pray for Connie, complete healing of her back. 
  • Pray for Sister Cora and her hip healing from a fall and surgery. Miss Cora HAS PASSED her occupational therapy and is now working on physical therapy. She is excited that God will give her the opportunity to walk outside soon. Praise the Lord! Keep her in your prayers please. We are thankful for this wonderful home for a few months stay till the Lord moves us on.
  • Pray for the Printing Ministry and all that goes on with it. BIG issue with our puncher . . . please pray we can resolve that Monday - Pray our paper supply will continue - we are still not able to purchase COVER STOCK, but we praise the Lord for our previous pastor's wisdom in buying several truckloads of this precious product. Only God knew what we would be facing today with shortages, and we have the "widows' mite" we are working from. Pray that Tom and I can work the bugs out of some of our equipment!
  • Pray for the Mission Team coming in June that we will be able to finish all the work they will do for the few days they are with us.
  • Pray for me and Tom; our health, out strength, and our service.
  • Robyn-Health
  • Carol and Richard-Health
  • Cathy-Health
  • Dicky and Debbie Reynolds - health
  • 2-month-old great-nephew Evan. Evan is home from the hospital and doing well.
  • Marsha-Health and ankle pain
  • Sharon J. Her mom Kathryn's health.
  • Pastor Johnny J-health and recovery from surgery - recovering well from surgery thank you for your prayers.
  • Carol and Richard-Health
  • Cathy-Health
  • Arlene-Health
  • Ruth-Health
  • Brian-Health
  • Lucinda Lane Family - pray for my brother Joe. This is a hard transition for anyone, but his health is poor as well.
  • Paul Tipton - pray for Bro. Paul who is back on the field in Nicaragua without his helper and bride.
  • Penny - special unspoken - pray for her husband Mike - health.
  • Bro. Wayne-health - He turned 91 on December 24th, and is still working, but mighty slow :) 
  • David Harrison-cancer diagnosis and treatment
  • Billy Ward - health and continued healing, Sonja his bride and caregiver.
  • Benjamin - surgery went well, pray for his recovery which may be long.
  • Elaine - continued good health and strength.
  • Linwood - health
  • Walter - health
  • Pray diligently for all those that carry the title "Caregiver"!
  • Sandra Parsons - her call yesterday to encourage the servants at FBC Publications & Printing. 90-year-old pastors' wife, now living alone at her church after her husband's homegoing. Saved 72 years loves the LORD God more today than ever. A real blessing and encouragement. 
  • Mary Nutter - Cancer
  • Kimberly LaSage - health and John Peters and family

No comments:

Post a Comment