Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 5, 2023

March 5 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Wake Up, Get Up And Show Up!”

I Thessalonians 5:6

I have been asked many times, what is the key to living a useful, successful Christian life? At this writing, I have been living for Jesus forty-seven years, and I’ve been preaching the Gospel for thirty-seven years, and in that time span I have observed a good number of things concerning the Christian walk. I am not a great Bible scholar, nor am I an expert on the subject; but I do know in my own life what God has done through my being obedient to my calling and willing to give my all to Him; that He has done a work in me and made me desire to serve Him gladly. And that is one of the keys to living a successful, (pleasing to the Lord), Christian life; Be willing to give Him yourself and all that you call yours, and go about bragging on Jesus to your peers, in conversations, fellowship, and never try to walk alone. Go always with your heart full of Jesus to the lost also, let them know through your conversation, actions and worshipping behavior, that you walk with Jesus. You see, when we’re born again, we are not to lay down in slumber, we are to “wake-up” to observe what is going on around us. And when we “wake- up”, that is not enough, we are to “get-up”, of course this means to get involved. You will never be anything for Christ and His cause until you learn how to be a willing, living sacrifice, to God. And then after you “get-up”, you must always be willing to “show-up”, and that means to be consistent in your Christian walk. Live near the cross, and you’ll always be willing, awake, and working, that others might get to know your Saviour. Surely you won’t sleep with hells heat belching at your heels and the devil on your trail like hideous hounds. And sleep will not over take you while Heavens gates are swinging wide open before you. Live in fellowship and sweet harmony with Christ and the temptations of life will be less of a drawing to satisfy its hunger.

“All of Me”

Heavens gates are open, beckoning, 

Songs of angels strike my ear,

A crown of gold there awaits me,

I gave Him my all, while living here.

                                        ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“...and go about bragging on Jesus.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Deuteronomy 8-10

Weekly Memory Verses: 1 Thessalonians 5:5-10

1 Thessalonians 5:5-10 ~ 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

With love and prayers, may we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam, Missionaries to America and Around the World 

No comments:

Post a Comment