Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 16, 2023

March 16 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“A Pilgrim In A Strange World”

Psalm 39:12

By grace, I am no longer at home in this world, it becomes more strange, day by day. I am a traveler here now that my fellowship has changed from worldliness to wonderness. I no longer follow the path of sinners, so I am becoming more of a stranger to this world and as a wandering pilgrim I am an alien now.

For the good we do here, no one remembers, but God has a record of our pilgrimage since we started on our journey. The world is on a quest to disassociate itself from God and become more God in themselves, the devil made a promise to do this and on that he will keep his deceitful word. 

We should not be alarmed that the world has nothing much to offer to the Christian, it shunned and mocked Christ when He came, even unto His own people. So think it not strange or that some evil conspiracy is out to get you, look what they did to Jesus; they rejected Him and made it plain that they wanted to do it their way. If people are determined to live away from the Graces of God, He will not force Himself on them, He will draw and convict and even weep for their tragedy to a certain point and then He will laugh at their calamity; and it will be a great fall for the world and those that abide by its rules.

Jesus could not be called a citizen here, therefore I cannot either because I choose to follow Him. I no longer look like the world, talk like the world and thank God I no longer think like the world. I have become a very strange creature among the citizens of this society.

"Escaping"

This world speaks a language I care not for, And it’s actions I abhor;

But Jesus walked this road before, And fellow travelers as we are,

Will escape through His open door.

                                            -Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Jesus could not be called a citizen here, therefore I cannot either.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Joshua 9-10

Weekly Memory Verses: 1 Thessalonians 5:5-10

Romans 6:1-6 ~ 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?         3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

With love and prayers, may we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam, Missionaries to America and Around the World 

No comments:

Post a Comment