Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

June 28 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Caught”
Philippians 3:12

I have been caught by God, and I wasn’t even looking for Him; But He was looking for me.  I couldn’t imagine myself being a Christian, but the Holy Spirit came my way and started bothering me. When I was at my lowest point in life, and everything seemed hopeless, He came to me and broke my heart; I received Jesus into my heart, so therefore I was apprehended.

God called me to preach, and then He is equipping me to preach according to His power and the needs of others, not what I think it ought to be. I have one thing to do in this life, and that is to preach the gospel, and praise God! That is exactly what I’m determined to do. God help me not to waver but preach the word of God as it is to men as they are.  Not to show myself as a big “I” and a little “you”, but just another old sinner, apprehended of God. I should have been in Hell a long time ago. Thank God I’m saved!

“I Know” 

I’m saved and I know it, 

of this I am sure;

‘Twas not I that did it, 

but God with His lure.

                        ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Just another old sinner, apprehended of God.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 18-22

Weekly Memory Verses:  Ephesians 2:1-5  

1 ¶And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment