Total Pageviews

Friday, June 23, 2023

June 23 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Sorrow And Grief”
Isaiah 53:3

Grief was Jesus’ constant companion, we only suffer it from time to time, thank God.

No one automatically comes to God in salvation over a period of time or the things they do to somehow acquire it. It is a release of oneself into the hands of a merciful God in full surrender, and then He does the saving. When we get saved, many of us and probably all of us, think that our problems are over, but actually they just begin; but with grace, to overcome our problems. We are overcomers through Jesus Christ and His mercy and grace.

After we are saved, sin shows its ugly head as never before, and lets us know we are in a fight; but we are more than conquerors through Jesus. We are taught in the scriptures, to mortify the deeds of the body; sin must die. So, I will be killing sin in my life until the day I die, because as long as I have flesh, I’ll be battling sin.

Grief and sorrow will be like an ugly black cloud as long as I have breath, because of sin, but thanks be to God that He sent the remedy for sin, my Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.

“I Forgive”

Upon the cross, the cruel tree,   

He suffered there for you and me.

Most painful back and stinging brow; 

His bloody head, did humbly bow; 

Said, “I forgive,” and made it so,

That we, through faith to Heaven can go.

-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“I will be killing sin in my life until the day that I die.”

 Bible Reading Schedule: Job 34-37

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Peter 2:21-25

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment