Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

June 27 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Delivered”
Jeremiah 1:8

God is always there with His promises, though I don’t understand His movement all of the time, He is caring like none other.  All of the things that I call mine, are not mine at all, but His. So, I must use all I have and all I am to bring praise and glory to Him.

I have no rights in myself, only what’s right in Gods sight. I don’t even want to stand up for myself, He stands for me; I’m never alone. 

My hearts greatest desire is to totally be devoted to Jesus and His cause. This world will never be friendly with me, it would be a sin to expect it. But I will be friendly and compassionate to the world, while I’m living in it. Because I don’t want them to miss heaven.

Jesus met all kinds of opposition, why would I think it to be strange to do the same? I’m glad and proud to stand up for Jesus and be counted as one of His, regardless of what happens in my life. The way to extreme happiness is to let Jesus have His way with me. God will help our unbelief and be able to throw our own understanding, that is selfish, out the window and be able to trust Him with all our hearts.

“Deliverance From Self”

 I’m not my own,

 I’m bought with a price. 

I have no earthly rights, 

I’ve given “self”

over to Him. 

Now He fights my fights.

                         ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“He stands for me, I’m never alone.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 10-17

Weekly Memory Verses:  Ephesians 2:1-5  

1 ¶And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment