Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 18, 2023

June 18 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Don’t Think About It, Just Do It”
Matthew 14:29-30

When I try to figure out the why’s and where’s of God’s calling me out to a work, I will probably never go. I find that I must simply step out and do it, and He always makes a way with blessings to follow.

I must keep Jesus at the forefront of all the things in my life, especially my calling to preach. I know all of my thoughts, and all of my circumstances are directed by the Lord and He wants me to trust Him in it all.

No matter what happens, if I keep my eyes on Jesus, I can never fail. When God speaks to me, in His unmistakable, still small voice, I must harken immediately or I’ll miss getting it done, and will therefore miss a blessing, and moreover, someone might go to hell because I hesitated.

God forbid that I should argue with Him on even the smallest matters. I must train myself to listen for God to speak, and when He does, I must go forward, never waiting, because while I wait, some precious soul may suffer, I must be totally abandoned to Christ, then I will hear Him more clearly.

 “Get Out Of The Boat”

Many criticize Peter for sinking, 

And on it they truly do gloat. 

But he did better than most 

He at least got out of the boat.

-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“I must be totally abandoned to Christ.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Job 13-16

Weekly Memory Verses:  John 15:1-5

1 ¶I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment