Total Pageviews

Friday, June 16, 2023

June 14 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Just Do It”
John 15:4 

I make it a point to get up every morning with Jesus on my mind, though many other things are pressing me. I find myself desiring to think like Jesus. I must bring everything I have and everything I do into determined obedience, because it is never simply handed to me. I must consecrate all of my mind processes to Him in abiding determination. I know that whatever I face, He is in it with me. Circumstances may cloud my view, and dark shadows dance about me; then I must reach out with determination and touch Him, and then peace enters my troubled heart. I feel at home with Christ, no matter what is happening.

There is no such thing as staying on the mountain top all of the time, but there is such a thing as abiding peace within us, whether up or down, Hallelujah!

I thank God, that He is abiding in me right now. I don’t have to make things better or different, I must exercise it now, and continually make my life an abiding lifestyle, Holy and pleasing unto God.

 “Get A Move On!” 

Get a move on friend, Abide with Him now,

Determine to know my Jesus, 

He’ll show you the what and how.

Give yourself completely,

In holy consecration;

He’ll abide, when we decide, 

On holy concentration.

                                ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“I find myself desiring to think like Jesus.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Esther 8-10

Weekly Memory Verses:  John 15:1-5

1 ¶I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment