Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 25 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Saints and Sorrow”

John 12:27-28

I’m beginning to understand now, some of the sorrow that I’ve been through, I’m not complaining, but I simply see myself as never before. I know now as I’ve never known that He is with me in my saddest hour, to pick me up and comfort me when people fail to have the ability.

God is never wrong; He makes no mistakes; our suffering and sorrow is but for a moment and then it is gone. The pangs of sin will hinder and haunt us until we cross over. Then the joys we share will not compare with the unspeakable pleasures that heaven holds.

Suffering and sorrow have brought me closer to God. I could have easily gotten bitter, self-centered or envious of those that seemingly have no sorrow or storms of suffering. But thank God I’ve experienced the things that I have. Had I not, I would have a completely different attitude.

I see now why God has laid on me such a compassion to help others and be spent myself. God has done this work in me, and I have nothing to brag about, but Jesus and Him crucified. Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!

“Psalms 30:5” 

Sadness here, suffering there, 

sorrow, sickness, everywhere. 

When will it stop? 

What can we do? 

Take it to Jesus,

He’ll see you through. 

                    ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Our suffering and sorrow is but for a moment.”

 Bible Reading Schedule: Job 41-42

Weekly Memory Verses:  Ephesians 2:1-5  

1 ¶And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment