Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 22, 2023

June 22 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Self Judgement First”
Matthew 7:2

Rather than looking at people through a microscope, we are to see them through a telescope. Jesus teaches us this when He says, “forebear with one another, “and cultivate a long-suffering spirit.

May I never judge, I can’t see what damage it does to the other person; I’m sure that’s why Jesus teaches against it. He sees the results, that I’m too stubborn to even consider. God help me to keep my heart clean of this thing that will ultimately be the ruin and disgrace of a believer.

The word of God teaches us to practice humility, but be very careful, when you begin bragging about having it, then you’ve lost it; Follow Christ in humility and you’ve found the secret. When a critical spirit hits me, I start thinking about where I could have been, had it not been for Jesus. I then center my thoughts on the presence of God, and then I can’t help but look forward to the promise of an eternal home. When God looks at me, He sees the blood of Jesus, may I look at others in that same light.


“Judge Yourself”

Who do you think you are, 

to judge and criticize?

The same Lord that brought you up, 

Can cut you down to size.

To judge ourselves before the rest; 

will never leave a scar.

If we can’t trust the Lord for best. 

Just who do we think we are?

                                    ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“God teaches us to practice humility.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Job 30-33

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Peter 2:21-25

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment