Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 24, 2023

June 24 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Fact of Sin”
Luke 22:53

I am a sinner saved by grace of Almighty God. I don’t practice sin any longer, but sin remains in me, and the potential to bring a reproach on God, the church and man.  My flesh is the culprit, it will continue to be with me like a black cloud over my life until the day it is dissolved and made like unto His glorious holy body. I must face sin in my life squarely or I will be brought down by it. I am not immune to it, it can and will strike at any circumstance in my life, especially when my guard is down.

We are innocent at the moment we are saved, but innocence fades quickly; then we learn to live pure and righteous in Christ, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Our problems many times, are our weaknesses that we lean on like crutches; We make ourselves available for disaster by not checking sin in our lives. I know that in me dwells no good thing, but Christ. 

“Come Under” 

Your flesh cries out, 

“What about me,”

When the Spirit says, 

come under

The Spirit of holiness, 

must rule always,

And it takes obedience 

and surrender.

~Tom Milam


Daily Jewel:

“We make ourselves available for disaster by not checking sin in our lives.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Job 38-40

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Peter 2:21-25

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment