Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

June 21 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Inside Man”
I Peter 2:9

Because of Jesus and what He did for me, I am a Priest, and the work of a priest is to lay himself down and forget about who or what he is and be an intercessor for others. Our life as a Christian, is to simply trust in the Atonement and get rid of the idea that God can’t make it without us. I am saved and I’m complete in Him. I therefore have access to the throne of Grace and can sing--redeemed! Redeemed! By the blood of the Lamb.

If I spend myself, may I be privileged to do it on behalf of others, for Christ’ sake and His cause. The very best thing I can do, is to have faith in God. I cannot trust myself - I am flesh - I will fail; I am frail, I surely will falter. I am wrong and He is right; I’m a sinner saved by grace, and if I’m to be anything it is Him living in me that makes me anything at all. I’m hid with Christ in God, I therefore can pray for others, and He will hear me and answer my pleadings; Hallelujah!  I got in because someone took the time to pray for me; thank God, Amen!

“Not My Own”

Get sick of yourself, 

forget it forever.

From it all ties, 

Completely sever. 

Our rights no longer, 

belong to us.

Because living inside, 

is our Redeemer, Jesus.

                                ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“I’m saved and I’m complete in Him”

Bible Reading Schedule: Job 25-29

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Peter 2:21-25

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment