Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 17, 2023

June 17 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Condemnation of Criticism”
Matthew 7:1; Romans 2:17-20 

God help me never to be critical, but to show love and care. As a Christian, I have no right, because all of my rights have been turned over to Jesus, and it is in him that I must make all of my decisions and judgements. By waiting on God to show us what to do, we will learn never to criticize.

We must watch ourselves continually, to keep from being critical of others. I must remember that when I point at others, I myself am at fault, and part of the same judgement. I think arrogance is the culprit a great deal of the time.

I pray that I can look at others through a telescope rather than a microscope, I believe I wouldn’t pick up as many details to be critical of. I believe that if I look close enough at you, I would have to face some details in my own life, that I would have to deal with. God help us to leave criticism alone.

A good house cleaning is in order if we tend to criticize others all of the time, especially the closets, you know, where we try to hide all of the unwanted stuff and pretend that it doesn’t exist. If I am to be anything, it is what God has done in me, Amen.

 “Gods Measuring Rod”

The Holy Ghost that lives within,

The abiding power that cleanses from sin. 

Of criticism and judgement, leave it to Him; 

If you’re condemning another,

the light has grown dim.

The way we see it, is different than God’s 

He measures all, with the same measuring rod.

                                        ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Arrogance is the culprit.”

 Bible Reading Schedule: Job 9-12

Weekly Memory Verses:  John 15:1-5

1 ¶I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment