Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 27 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

 “My Resting Place Is Yet To Be!”

Psalm 90:1; Psalm 91:9

I woke up this morning very tired; I thought, I sure would like to rest today, but after praying my heart was too burdened to think of resting. There is just so much to do, people are hurting, lives are distressed, distraught, and disillusioned. A rest will come someday, and I will welcome it with delight.

In this life we are called upon to change and we don’t like it, our flesh cries out and puts up a defense. The children of Israel had to constantly change, they could not settle down, about the time they would get rather comfortable, God would speak to them to take the ark and the cloud by day and the fire by night would rise above and in front of them and they would have to move; they had no resting place, Canaan was still ahead of them.

Our ministries change, the death of a loved one makes us change, our vocation changes, and people change as we move about to accommodate our lifestyles. Our abiding places here are rather unsure at times, looking on the temporal, but in God we have a dwelling place, a rest if you please. Though the children of Israel wandered, God was their rest. So, it is with us; we are called upon to change, and we should not be afraid, because God is our home, our refuge. As Christians we may be rich today and poor tomorrow, happy one day and sad the next; we might be dreadfully sick today, but well tomorrow; But our relationship (resting place) with God doesn’t change. If God gave me a promise and loved me yesterday, He does it today as well. My rest is in God until I rest with Him There.

“Promised”

I’m only a pilgrim and stranger, 

in this suffering world that I roam,

But Jesus who called me from darkness, 

has promised me a heavenly home. (Psalm 71:3)

                        -Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“....in God we have a dwelling place, a rest if you please.....”

Bible Reading Schedule: Numbers 30-31

Weekly Memory Verses: Romans 1:14-17 

Romans 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

With love and prayers, may we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam, Missionaries to America and Around the World 

No comments:

Post a Comment