Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

February 14 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“She Yet Lives!”

John 11:25,26

This morning as I write and prepare to take part in the funeral of one of my favorite Aunts, I’m sad and heartbroken of the fact that I’ll not see her again in this life, but I’m, on the other hand, thrilled beyond measure that she has rested from her toiling and suffering, she’s in her eternal home, with Jesus, loved ones and friends. With God, glory is the final issue, not death, because she has just started living.

I find two wonderfully astounding truths in John Chapter eleven, verse twenty-five and twenty-six: 

#1 The Dead Shall Live: Jesus said, “He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. (Though, death has taken the mortal body, yet the believer Lives!) Despite how it looks today, my aunt still lives!  John 5:24 says: We that are believers “have passed from death unto life!” Psalm 23: 4 says, We walk “through” the valley of the shadow of death. Death is a part of the believers journey, and Jesus walks through it with us. Death does not hold us, because Jesus broke it’s bands asunder and we eternally live.

#2 John 11:26, The Living Shall Never Die: “And whosever liveth and believeth in me shall never die!” (a coffin is nothing but a hope chest) And a grave, is but resurrection ground for the believer.

My aunt is now living at the Father's house, and we are simply honoring the body that we will miss so much; she yet lives!

“What Did You See John?” 

No more night, no more needing, 

No more sorrow, no more pleading.

No more pain, no more crying,

No more endings, and no more dying.

The star of the morning will shine in its splendor,

To see His appearing will be worth the surrender.

The summit is ahead, don’t wander or roam, 

Just keep on climbing, the crest is home.

                                -Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“With God, glory is the final issue, not death......”

Daily Scripture Reading: Numbers 5-6       

Weekly Memory Verses: 1 Corinthians 12:12-18

With love and prayers,
May we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam, Missionaries to America and Around the World 

No comments:

Post a Comment