Total Pageviews

Friday, February 10, 2023

February 10 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Meaning Of   Love”

Matthew 6:21

I dedicate this to my wife, Linda, whom I adore and love so very much. I therefore reaffirm what I said in our wedding vows on April 17th, 2010. I bless the Lord for His goodness and love He has given to us both for one another. 

"Life holds many pitfalls, hardships, and sometimes many cruelties. And just as sure as we are born, unless death comes early on, we will grow old and then pass on. Our springtime of youth will soon turn to summer; Fall will creep up quicker than first thought and then the solemn cold days of winter will be upon us. The gray dawn of time has caught us in its grip; But with cheer let’s travel on, hand in hand, each other we have, yet to lean upon.

Winter doesn’t hold gloomy days unless we’ve allowed our spirit to fade and loneliness to creep in. We are not alone my dear, as long as we have each other, and the assurance of our God of peace and comfort abiding within us. I now confirm the same promise I made when we were first married, to stand by you, be your companion, and love you for as long as God allows us to stay on earth; I once again commit myself to walk shoulder to shoulder with you in oneness of spirit and in uncompromising will. Whatever life has to offer, we’ll face it together; my wife, my Lord and I!”

“Tis True”

Tis true for us the summer too is gone, now whiplash winds arise and further on. The ice and sleet and cold in grim assault to pierce us through, Does fall in spring time frighten you?

Important shines the April sun so fair, to melt the wisps of frost with your hair, my dear, I know you feel the threatening gloom, But I’m with you and hand in hand we’ll face the winter, too.

~James Dobson


Daily Jewel:

“Winter doesn’t hold gloomy days unless we’ve 

allowed our spirit to fade.....”

 Daily Scripture Reading: Leviticus 24-25       

Weekly Memory Verses: Romans 6:11-15

With love and prayers,
May we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam, Missionaries to America and Around the World 




No comments:

Post a Comment