Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2023

February 26 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Who’s Salvation Is It?”

Acts 4:12

We hear many people say, “my salvation”, but it is God’s Salvation, He supplies it, it is the work of His hand for our benefit. “Who can forgive sin, but God only” (Mark 2:7). He delivers us from death unto life. He brings us to life, and then it is He that keeps and maintains our soul. If I pray it is God that moves me to pray, because my heart has changed, and I have new concerns now. The graces of God are my undeserved gifts, they are not of me. If my life is to be anything, it is His life in me that moves me to think and act. I can do nothing to preserve myself. I’m kept by the power of God. If I do wrong and sin, it is no one but me that has allowed it. I blame no person or circumstance for my unrighteousness. If I live a right, devoted, and committed life, it is Him that dwells in me that does it. If I live a consecrated, dedicated life before men, it is God that does it. How am I sanctified? It is Christ that cleans me up, day by day; His holy Spirit set me apart! I no longer hunger and thirst for worldly things, His chastening sanctification has put me in my place. If I have knowledge, my council came from Him; I now feed on His word, it is my sustainer, and my thirst is quenched by the waters of His mouth. A fresh supply of strength comes from Gods might; I have no power or strength, but that which comes from the Hills of God’s grace, namely Jesus.  He is my stay, my abiding power, without Him I can do nothing and be nothing. I need Jesus more than anything.

“Closet Time”

Salvation is of the Lord, our brother Jonah said,

Except we abide in God, we are surely dead. 

Jonah learned about it, while covered in the deep,

Let me learn it Lord, as closet-time I keep.

                                ~ Tom Milam


Daily Jewel

“Who can forgive sin, but God only.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Numbers 30-31

Weekly Memory Verses: Romans 1:14-17 

Romans 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

With love and prayers, may we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Tom and Linda Milam, Missionaries to America and Around the World 

No comments:

Post a Comment