Total Pageviews

Friday, May 19, 2023

May 19 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“We’re Not Ready Yet”
John 17:15

It is for sure that one of these days we’re going to be with Jesus, and not according to our timetable, but His. The Army of God here on earth will draw their gospel pistol for the last time, and I believe, very soon, we’ll pull our sword against the enemy just a few more days, and we will be privileged to hang it on the wall in Heaven’s Memorial for its soldiers of valor. One day soon we’ll be done with fighting the good fight of faith, the conflict will be over, and we’ll enter into the joys of the Lord.

It seems it would be better to be born again, and at that instant. Leave out and go to Heaven right then. We then wouldn’t have to worry about battles, suffering, heartache and troubles, we’d just go on home. But we’re left here to be cared for by the Father, until we accomplish all that He desires of His children. If we didn’t stay here in the flesh, others could not see the work in our lives by Jesus, and it is for our profit that we mature to a ripe full age, then our inheritance will be so much sweeter.

Many times I have faced troubles and problems that literally tore me apart, I must admit that I wanted to die, because I knew if I did, I would be seeing Jesus face to face and I wouldn’t have to suffer another trial of affliction. But it was selfish and I would have to repent. It was not longing for Christ that made me want to go, but my fleshly troubles I didn’t want to face. How do we feel when we are not under the pressure and heavy load? Now it is all- right for us to desire to go; But is it to escape our troubles or is it to glorify the Son of God as long as we can and then to go when it is time? He promised to keep us from evil! Amen!

“Patience”

May it be while we’re still down here, 

that we glorify the Son of God;

Though conflict, suffering and dangers near,

let us with patience, this valley trod.

                        ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“...we’re left here to be cared for by the Father.”

Bible Reading Schedule: I Chronicles 24-26

Weekly Memory Verses:  Romans 8:14-18  

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment