Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

May 3 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Tribulations”
Romans 5:3; 12:12; John 16:33

There are certainly some things in this world that you can count on concerning tribulation, and that is heartache, turmoil and aggravations. Many times, we ask why is it so that the wicked prosper and the believer is downcast? Look up dear saint of God to your heavenly Father and see His beauty, power, his holiness and pureness. We will be just like Him one of these days. He is working on us to conform us to His image; With many of us it seems He has a very difficult job. He is refining us; constantly taking out the impurities as He lights the fires under us time after time; He reminds us over and over how corrupt we are without Him and He leads us in ways of holiness. Take a look down now, what do you behold under your feet? We were once held captive in the domain of Satan, he was our driving force, our Master and King. He lost you and he will daily try to dominate you because he is a sore loser, (I Peter 5:8). You will have battles, trials and troubles, because you live now in a hostile environment. What you used to call home is now a strange land and enemy territory. You are a pilgrim passing through, looking for a better country. God is your friend now, this world holds no friendliness for you now; for if you are a friend to the world, God cannot be your friend. The enemy is on every hand, we are on a literal battlefield, there’s not much rest, the closer to the frontline we get, we find we must be on guard at all times and have more disciplined behavior. Look close inside now, does any sin dwell there? Are you yet trusting in self to fight the battles? Then troubles loom in every shadowy place.

“He Cares”

Do not despair, He said He’d be there, 

Your trouble seems double, but He does really care,

He said He’d deliver, His children, believers, 

And honor us here and in crossing the river. 

(Psalms 91:15)


Daily Jewel:

“He is working on us, to conform us to His image.”


 Bible Reading Schedule: II Kings 6-8

Weekly Memory Verses: Psalms 23:1-6

Psalms 23:1  A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment