Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

April 30~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Shepherd’s Psalm”
Psalms 23 (a second look)

by Eric Dye

 For the next few days I feel much led of the Lord to include in this journal/devotional a most wonderful and spirit filled piece of work by my brother in Christ and a precious friend, Eric Dye.


The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want;

He maketh me to lie down, in prison cells cold and damp,   

Not so you say! - tell that to Peter, as by prison guards he lay.

He leadeth me to a dry and thirsty land, Oh no you say!

--Ask Phillip of Gaza, and how he came that way.

And yet I cry, the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want;

for Peter walked, as in a dream, by an angels side that night;

through fettered gates, opened wide; the answer to another anguished cry.

And Phillip by a chariot ran,

to take a wandering eunuchs hand; and into water, lowered the man. 

Neither asked their Shepherd why, only trusted that He was nigh.

He rains upon my mortal frame, grievous stones,

my blood to stain, Do you protest? Unjust you cry!

-take a look at Stephen, as in the dust he lies.

He giveth me a wife of whoredom, to bear in agony and shame No more! No More! 

It cannot be! Stop...wait...hear Hosea speak of love...and joy...and hope,

to the children upon his knee.

Again I cry. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; 

For Christ arose before His throne,  a royal welcome to one His own; 

and echoes in the gathering dusk,

well done, well done...my son.


Daily Jewel:

“The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want”




No comments:

Post a Comment