Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

May 22 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“His Way Is Right”

James 1:2; Psalm 107: 6-8 

When we became a Christian, a change was made, and as we go on in our daily Christian walk, we will endure many changes. Our lives are filled with many changes, some we like and many we don’t. We ask ourselves, why is this happening to me like this? Darkness is everywhere, and at a most crucial time, I need light! I struggled to find peace and multiple troubles came, I don’t understand. I have no trouble singing with King David, “My heart is fixed, my heart is fixed, I will sing and give praise” (Psalm 57:7). I stand firm and will not move from this solid foundation.  Before I was saved, I could not see clearly, but now I can read my title clear. But today I don’t understand this part of God’s plan, the clouds have moved into my sunny day. Sometimes I think the road to Heaven should not be like this, my faith is weak, my head is clouded with numerous thoughts and none of them seem to take me anywhere. My hope seems faded and yet you say that these things must be, because of the inheritance.

We’ll never know faith without a fiery trial, these tests will bring strength and set you on a higher plane, and the winds that are battering against your sail, are not to deliberately destroy, but to push you quicker home (Psalm 107:30). God will maintain our souls, by dishonor as well as honor; Fret not at evil reports alongside the good; You’ll suffer distress as well as joy, and the fullness of peace is never realized until we’ve suffered persecution. Gods plan and purpose includes sorrow and suffering (Acts 14:22).

“Soul Security”

Is this the way to Heaven?

Not so you say.

All I’ve seen is sadness and sorrow, 

along this way;

temporal, it is given, but the soul it cannot sway.

                                                ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“...these things must be because of the inheritance.”

Bible Reading Schedule: II Chronicles 4-6

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Peter 2:1-5 

1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

3  If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

4  ¶To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment