Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 25, 2023

May 25 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Never Forsaken”
Psalm 38:21; Psalm 22:11

When we are tempted and trials of life overwhelm us, we pray, O my God, don’t forsake me to deal with this all alone. We need God and His strengthening power whether trial or not; We need to learn to pray daily for Him to hold us up in the light as well as the dark days; We need Him near  for communion or temptation. We need to realize how much we need Him and that He will not forsake us, that He will hold us up and that we shall be held safe.

Sometimes spiritually we feel like we did when we were separated from our parents in a big, strange department store, remember the panic you felt when you looked around and saw nothing but strangers; We feel as if we’ve been forsaken by the Lord. It is good to feel a need to be close to the Master at all times. A little child reaches out for help while it is learning to walk, a car without someone behind the wheel is surely a disaster-causing weapon. An airplane without it’s pilot is a hopeless situation and all aboard cries out, forsaken? Forsaken!

We must have help continuously from our Father above, so that we do not fall prey to the deceitful enemy, that is out to destroy our testimony. The Shepherd will give His life for his lambs to keep His fold from wandering away. We cry out many times, “do not forsake me,” for I am sorrowful; I am weak and I have a perilous path to trod; I need your guidance, Lord. I must have You to lean upon, for my strength; I must see Your face, during my trouble, for joy and contentment, and to see Your face. I must draw nearer and nearer; To have Your touch. I must be close and let me not be out of Your sight for a minute.

 “Never Forsaken”

I need you every hour; Everyday I need your power.

Sometimes it seems that none is near, Then, “I’ll forsake you not,” falls on my ear.

-Tom Milam


Daily Jewel:

“We need God and His strengthening power whether trial or not....”

 Bible Reading Schedule: II Chronicles 14-17

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Peter 2:1-5 

1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

3  If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

4  ¶To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment