Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 28, 2023

April 25, 2023 ~ LKMilam April Devotions: "The Good Shepherd"

And so, I continue. . . That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalms 26:7

John 10:12-13 ~ 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.  KJV 

My husband has said numerous times, "You don't have to be saved to play a piano, organ, or sing in church. You don't even have to be saved to stand in a pulpit!" And sadly, it is so true. Many have fooled the flock by their "expertise" in music or oration; but none the less they are wolves to the Lord. We can "hire" people to play a part in our church services; but somehow, we can't pray that God will send someone to FILL THE GAP.? Folks, until God sends, don't "hire"! It is as plain as that! When the rubber meets the road, the "hireling" will flee and run from the things of God. They have no desire to be there except to get a paycheck!

I remember years ago, one of our previous pastors bringing some missionaries into my office in the print shop, and somehow a discussion came up as to how I came to be there. I let the Brown's know, this pastor didn't call me, his dad didn't call me, God called me. I didn't come for a paycheck, and many times there aren't any, but God has been so good to supply as "needs" arose. My rewards are heavenly sent, and He never fails to bless our service when we come with that heart to serve HIM! I came because God chose me for a service for a time, that was over 20 years ago, and He hasn't moved me yet. IF you are serving for a paycheck, you are serving for the wrong reason.

I certainly am not one to butt in, but don't take that pulpit, that Sunday school class, that position of leadership in your church, if God doesn't put you there. God's people are to be ready, available, and willing to fill those gaps. Ask Him to help you with a servant's heart! He will surely bless, as He has blessed me many times over. This is no way any intent to brag on me here; oh no! This is all to GOD's Glory and Honor ALWAYS. He is the one that leads, guides, guards, protects, and supplies. He has been soooo good to me! I can't thank Him enough!

How about you Christian! Have you answered the call to protect the flock? Do it today! You will never say, "I wish I hadn't!" God Bless,

Linda

HE CARES! Lost person, Do You Want to Know HIM?  Lord, help us to be wise, studied up, aware, and faithful to You. Amen.  With love and prayers, may we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. 

Listen to Bro. Tom on www.wbofradio.com "The Jewel For The Day" program, every Monday - Friday at 6am and 2pm EST.

In the name of Jesus, may we be HIS emissaries and used by Him to help others. 

Tom and Linda Milam

Missionaries to America and around the world! 

PRAY BIG FOR OTHERS AND YOURSELF! GOD WANTS TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment