Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 25, 2023

April 18, 2023 ~ Linda K. Milam April Devotions: "The Good Shepherd"

And so, I continue. . . 
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psalms 26:7

Matthew 26:31-32 ~ 31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. 32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.  KJV  

In Matthew’s Gospel, the teaching of Jesus is finished here. In these last days leading up to His betrayal and crucifixion, He warned the multitudes about the corrupt religious leadership, and He spoke to His disciples about things to come. Now, it was time for Jesus to fulfill His work on the cross. 

When Jesus was talking about His offending the disciples, He reminded them it was not to condemn them, but to show them that He really was in command of the situation, and to demonstrate that the Scriptures regarding the suffering of the Messiah must be fulfilled.  

"But after I am risen again. . .: Jesus was already looking beyond the cross. He knew what they were going to do to HIM! Yet, His eyes were set on the joy set before Him:  Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I could never compare any agony in my life to the agony of the Cross, yet I can say that I will not stay in that agony. I am looking forward to the day of the returning of our Lord and Saviour. He is what I keep my eyes on. My joy is in Him, and I know where my destination is; Heaven.  

Do YOU know where your final destination will be upon death OR the returning of the Saviour?  Do you know that if you were to die today you would end up in Heaven with Jesus?  Friend, if you are reading this, it is by God's design. He wants to save you, and no matter where you are, your circumstances, your sin . . . Jesus died for ALL! John 3:16, claim it as your own and be saved today!

John 3:14-18
18 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

HE CARES! Lost person, Do You Want to Know HIM?  Lord, help us to be wise, studied up, aware, and faithful to You. Amen.  With love and prayers, may we be your faithful Philippians 2:16 Missionaries?

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. 

Listen to Bro. Tom on www.wbofradio.com "The Jewel For The Day" program, every Monday - Friday at 6am and 2pm EST.

In the name of Jesus, may we be HIS emissaries and used by Him to help others. 

Tom and Linda Milam

Missionaries to America and around the world! 

PRAY BIG FOR OTHERS AND YOURSELF! GOD WANTS TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment