Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 6, 2023

May 6 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Our Long Home Is Just Beyond Us?”
I John 4:13; Ecclesiastes 12:5 

Can you say that you have a home for your soul? You do have it you know, if you’re given to Jesus, by the born again experience. While still in this mortal life we have a soul “house”, a place where God can dwell and function.  What it costs for this house is to love, cherish, honor and serve the Lord. Our true home is yet to be, but we have it positionally as if we were already there. And while we abide in this house, we have all that we’ll ever need, we can’t overspend on His riches. We can have the most intimate, personal communion with God and feast on the love of Christ. When we get tired, we can rest with Jesus, and from the windows of this house we can see our home, just out there, just beyond the reach of mortal means. To live in this house down here we must come to Jesus, though we feel so unworthy to let Him live here, what an odd place He has chosen to dwell. You may say, He cannot live within such a filthy place, I am a guilty sinner, and I can’t get it clean enough for such an honored guest. But let Him in by faith dear friend, and the instant He walks in, it becomes a home, a dwelling place; But only temporary, because our real home lies just beyond; this one is temporal but the other is eternal.

“Our Home Is Just Beyond”

Just beyond the veil of tears, 

Just beyond the sadness of years, 

Just beyond the sorrows of grieving;

Lies our hope of glad receiving. 

Just beyond the broken dreams,

Lives that are filled with things and schemes; 

Just beyond, lies death’s  dark  domain, 

getting to it has left scars and pain;

All of those that have left before us- 

cheer us on- “it’s heaven you’ll gain”!

He died and arose, we tell it with fondness, 

We’re not afraid, while looking for home; 

Because it lies, just beyond us.

                                                    ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“We can’t overspend on His riches.”

Bible Reading Schedule: II Kings 14-15

Weekly Memory Verses: Psalms 23:1-6

Psalms 23:1  A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment