Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

May 1 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Shepherd’s Psalm”
-continued-

--And greater love has ne’re been seen, 

than from the depths, His bride redeem, restore to honor,

long unclaimed; fresh, and white

---and clean neither asked their shepherd why, 

Only trusted that He was nigh.

The billows ore’ me roll, the tempest round me blows; 

My heart is given, to trembling fear.

Not my Shepherd I hear declared!

--How then is that desperate cry, 

Master we perish, carest not we die?

And long ago accused unjust, I now await in darkening dust; 

Forgotten of man, I hear not from God.

Oh I see an angry look, - - ask Joseph of his brothers,

the baker, the butler, --find it in the Book!

Still I cry, the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want;

--for with feeble hands the sailor shook, 

the one who slept beneath the stern; and standing on the wave swept ship, 

Peace Be Still!

The words He spoke; and delivered those who quaked and shook. 

---and Joseph wept his brothers to hold,     

and called for his father, a man grey and old; 

sent by the Lord, a way to prepare;

to deliver from famine,---and want, ---and despair.

Yet neither asked their Shepherd why, 

Only trusted that He was nigh.

I put forth my hands, and another girds, 

and take me where I would not go.

Why? Why?

---must it be so? 

Lovest thou me?

He asks;

Then come follow me.


Daily Jewel:

“Yet neither asked their Shepherd why, only trusted that He was nigh.”

Bible Reading Schedule: II Kings 1-3

Weekly Memory Verses: Psalms 23:1-6

Psalms 23:1  A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment