Total Pageviews

Friday, January 12, 2018

"Save Your Sympathy" ~ Dr. Tom Milam

Twin Falls State Park, Pineville, WV
“Save Your Sympathy,”
First published in Dr. Milam's book, 
"Beside Still Waters"

They mocked and some mourned, that
  Sacrificial Jew;
He garnered no sympathy, as he died
  for me and you. 

He was not a victim,
  Of that railing mob;
It was love that drove him to that
  jagged knob. 

He didn’t wander there helplessly, nor
  venture there aimlessly;
But the will of His Father constrained
  him publicly. 

He could have called legions from
  Glory;
But that would have selfishly altered
  The whole story. 

He laid down his life, to take it
  Up again;
To bring justification, and cleanse
  All our sin. 

Pitiful it seemed,
  But not in weakness;
The strength of the Savior was found
  In his meekness. 

The crowd sorely wept, but for the
  The wrong thing;
They felt sorry for the man, but rejected
  Him as king. 

This is my victory! I hang not
  In defeat;
My tormentors are forgiven, soon
  Salvation is complete. 

By my living I loved you,
  I died to save;
I’ll be buried to carry,
  Your sins far away.

I will raise for your justification,
  Believing will make you free;
I’m coming back to get you,
  And forever, you’ll be with me. 

We weep in shame,
  Our sins put you there;
All of mankind contributed,
  We all had a share,

Sentimentality for his sufferings,
  Closely resembles repentance;
But without confession and profession,
  You can’t expect deliverance.  

Mourning and weeping has never saved
  A single soul;
But trusting the blood from Calvary
  Which flowed. 

Love is: Applied blood, from the Savior
  To a sinner;
Where faith and repentance,
  Makes us a winner. 

Judgment is coming, and God’s wrath
  No doubt;
But- on, “come up hither”,
  The bride’s pulling out!
-END-

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Makes you stop and think what He did for you and me. What a wonderful Savior we serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for the wonderful poem Dr. Milam!

    ReplyDelete