Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 12, 2023

July 17 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Belief, The Power to Produce Effective Results”
I Corinthians 2:4

If I am only out to impress people, my impression of God is not valid. I would become a hypocrite and would draw people away from the gospel, rather than to it. I must be an instrument to draw people to believing Christ, not turn them away. I must have the power of God in my preaching, and believe that when I preach it, others will believe it. I pray that people can see enough of Jesus in me, that they will be persuaded to follow Him.

If there is anything in my life that makes me to be seen more than Jesus’ redemptive work in me, I must get rid of it immediately. It would surely hinder the gospel being presented. I am here to show God to others, to preach the gospel, and that is it. My prayer is that I can preach and present the gospel, so as to draw them to a willingness to change. 

I hope that people will not see me as something I am not; O God, that they may see Jesus and the plan of salvation in my preaching, or I have failed. If I ever cease to lift up Jesus, with honor and praise, I don’t want to be here, my work will be finished, and I’ll be of no benefit.

 “The Heart Room”

If I were a stalk,

And gave forth no bloom, 

No fragrance could lift a 

Desperates’ gloom.

The gospel must flourish 

To relieve man's doom,

 And fill with its odors,  

An empty heart room.

                                ~ Tom Milam


Daily Jewel:
“I am here to show God to others.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 132-138

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Corinthians 1:26-31

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29  That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment