Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 13, 2023

July 22 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Sanctification”
I Thessalonians 4:3; Philippians 3:10

To be set apart for the work of God, is in itself an awesome thought; that He would entrust us to follow His Son in death as well as life, because we must die out to sin and self in order to be alive in Jesus. The moment I’m willing to give up myself and go with the plan of God for my life, something in me begins to balk like a stubborn mule; it is called the natural man. He says, “What about me? I count too you know.” The flesh will stand up for itself and will cry out with selfish pride, “I’ve been faithful to you, and you owe me some respect.” But when you begin to depend on the faithfulness of the flesh, it will let you down. The natural man must die, that we might live unto Christ. 

When Jesus is number one in our lives, I mean, when He is allowed to completely take over everything, I then will learn to live a consecrated, sanctified life. When I come to the point in life when I say, “That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings.” I am then beginning to see what sanctification is all about; And I say, let it be, I must have this sanctified life. I have given my life over to Him, that He may do with me as He pleases. He became man and took my place on Calvary that I might be made something presentable.

“He Died For Me” 

To be saved is to trust, 

What He did you see;

I can become Him, 

Because He first became me.

~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“We must die out to sin and self.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Proverbs 8-11

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Corinthians 1:26-31

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment