Total Pageviews

Friday, August 18, 2023

July 24 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Temperament and Tendencies”
Matthew 5:20

I could never live good enough to convince God to save me. There is no list of rules set up for me to live by that are good enough to help me make it. The simple rule is, “Jesus in me, the hope of Glory,” And by faith I trust Him to get me to heaven, and while I am yet here on this earth, I’m to have Him    in every thought and top priority in all that I do. I’m not saved by what I do, again because “I’m sealed unto the day of redemption,” and “The work He has begun in me, He will finish it.” In light of that, I pray like the Psalmist, “Search me Oh God, and see if there be any wicked way in me,” and if there are any secret sins, reveal them to me, that I sin not against you. Not so I can finally work my way to heaven, but that I may live out what is in me. I can never be pure enough or clean enough, but the old nature must conform to the Spirit of grace and truth, making me able to be an overcomer by faith. Only in redemption is this possible.

“Condition”

I stand in an awkward position, 

without His disposition;

I must come under contrition, 

and God will make the transition.

-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“The simple rule is,
Jesus in me the hope of glory.”


Bible Reading Schedule: Proverbs 16-19

Weekly Memory Verses:  Proverbs 14:31-35  

31 He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.

32 The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

33 Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.

34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

35 The king's favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.


No comments:

Post a Comment