Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 13, 2023

July 21 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“For So An Entrance”
II Peter 1:1-21; Matthew 5:3

Jesus is my teacher, but first He is my Lord and Saviour. I’m absolutely nothing without Him. I’ve been redeemed by the blood of the crucified Lamb. The harder I try to be a good man, is the more I realize that I can be nothing more than a sinner saved by His wonderful grace. I am not fully made yet; He’s still working on me. I’m yet under construction.

Thank God, I have not attained yet what I’m looking for, but I will, through what He has done for me. “I have no merits of my own, I stand on Jesus and Him alone.” “Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.” (I John 4:4).

Thank God! I despair in myself, I can’t accomplish what I feel I must for Jesus, so I must trust Him to do His will in me and through me. I stand totally helpless in myself. The more I think I can do for Jesus to win Him, is the less connected I’ll be with Him. If I have the attitude that Jesus just can’t make it without me, I’m finished before I ever start. I can’t make it without Him: I can’t preach, I can’t teach; I can’t be anything without Him living in me, guiding me, loving me and simply making me into what pleases Him. Thank God, I’m a poor rich man.

“On Beyond”

Of this world, very little I hold, 

But in Him, I’m rich and bold.

Earths’ pleasures diminish with the using, 

Memories fade without permanent fusing. 

Let us look forward, and not in despair,  

For waiting us is joy, far beyond compare.

                        ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“I’m yet under construction.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Proverbs 4-7

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Corinthians 1:26-31

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment