Total Pageviews

Friday, August 11, 2023

July 13 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Removal of a Friend” Isaiah 6:1

In 1993 my first wife died (my friend), I saw the Lord as at no other time in my life. He filled a void that I could never cope with, loneliness. He came into a place that no human could touch and prepared me to get closer for the sustenance I needed. I was fainting and failing, also ever discouraged. He gave me a new life, a new wife who after several years died of a massive stroke, in 2009.  

When much grace is needed, much grace is given. Thank you, Lord, for your strength, a new outlook on life and a new vision concerning my spirituality, the Church and soul winning. While I was actually not looking to marry again, God was polishing a rare jewel just for me. One with a price far more than rubies and diamonds. Someone with great values, faithfulness and a rare, selection of facets that would lift me and secure the vows of matrimony with excellence and nobility; someone that would add to my part of Gods great ministry, and I could not be more satisfied or happy. Love brought us together; love and respect are our faithful companions. Love, fellowship, honor, and the indwelling Holy Spirit is the bonds of our betrothal. God brought us together; Tom and Linda Milam, till death us do part.

I desire that my character correspond with the character of Jesus, so that I can live the life that is pleasing to him. As I think on this, I’m reminded that a thought becomes an act, an act becomes a pattern, a pattern becomes a development of character, and our character becomes our destiny. I must look to know God in the fullness of His power. I pray for an inner-purification to handle the circumstances that surround me - I look at Psalms 23 and I’m reminded of God’s eternal security plan and my ever-increasing dependence on Him. I can do nothing without Him, I am nothing without Him. Sometimes I see nothing but shadows, nevertheless here I am, to be used to God’s glory and honor.

Daily Jewel:
“He came into a place that no human could touch.”

 Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 106-107

Weekly Memory Verses:  Romans 10:9-13  

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12  ¶For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment