Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 13, 2023

July 23 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Sanctification”
I Corinthians 1:30

 “I am crucified with Christ; never the less, I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20

It is not me, but Him now, that I’ve trusted in; I’m not my own, He proves Himself in and through me, yes me, mortal flesh! Am I worthy? I think not, yea less than worthy. I’m bought with a price that far exceeds all human understanding, it’s the shed blood of Jesus, applied to me that makes me clean and whole.

I’m set apart to manifest to others the love that He has put in me, and all of the attributes of the resurrected life. I am put here to ". . .live unto the Lord, . . .” Romans 14:8. We as Christians are sanctified to be: Sowers to scatter good seed; plowmen to break up fallow ground; heralds to publish salvation; salt of the earth to be a blessing and workers to work for Him and together with Him.

It is always amazing to me, Jesus says, “be ye holy for I am holy,” and then He gives us the power to do it; But we must draw it from His holiness. In this life, I can never be exactly like Jesus. But He must be Lord in me before I can ever prove Him to others.

 “Set Apart”

Thank you, Lord, for your work 

in me, I say it from the heart.

You came into me, my Lord to be, 

And now I am set-apart.

                ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:
“I am put here to live unto the Lord.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Proverbs 12-15

Weekly Memory Verses:  Proverbs 14:31-35  

31 He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.

32 The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

33 Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.

34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

35 The king's favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.


No comments:

Post a Comment