Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 12, 2023

July 14 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Humility Is Not Duty”
Matthew 5:39

I desperately want the love of Christ living in me and shown through me. I may be called names because I won’t stand for certain worldly rights and be cut down by those around me; But “on Him I’ll take my stand, all other ground is sinking sand.”

If we can’t show Jesus in our lives as a presentation of holiness and right then we don’t have anything at all on the inside. We are still corrupt. But thank God, I have Jesus dwelling in me and I’m proud to show off His sweetness.

Jesus went a little farther for us, shouldn’t we be more than willing to go an extra step for His cause or for a troubled brother. Whether people see my good works or not, I’m still going to work for Jesus. I will not be stopped because I’m not appreciated by man. If I receive no honor at all, I’m still going with God, because I’ve made up my mind to follow Jesus. He has settled down inside of me and I can sing sweet peace in my soul. All of my rights are in Jesus, I have no earthly ones.

“A Christian”

Doing your duty is a rightful thing;   

But humility will get you an audience 

with the King.

-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:
“I can sing sweet peace in my soul.”

 Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 108-118

Weekly Memory Verses:  Romans 10:9-13  

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12  ¶For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment