Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 12, 2023

July 19 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Attitude of Belief”
John 13:13

 As Jesus said to His Father, “thy will be done,” we must also. He gives us our will and freedom to use it by choice. He will never force us to do anything, but if we pay close attention, He will always have open doors available to walk through. Jesus has been treated worse than any man, yet He is our Saviour, and we owe Him everything.

I represent the Redeemer in all things of my life; I see His holiness, I want to live holy; I realize His righteousness and I want to live righteous; I look at His worthiness and see that I am unworthy; But I’m moved by the Spirit to give Him praise, because He is worthy. He is able; He is Lord, and I am moved to be like Him.

May I see the Lord as He is and myself as He sees me. May I desire Him above all fellows. I must know Him, I must love Him, because I’m so unworthy. I have this deep settled peace that says, I can obey, I can trust, because of the covenant. He is mine and I am His because He became us that we could become Him! I’m not His because of what I’ve done, but because of what He did.

 "Obey”

To have a right relation, 

between my Father and me;

I must obey for His blessing, you see.  

I do it because of what He has put in me, 

And not all together from what you see.

Many things we see, we don’t understand,  

So be careful to look first at the Spiritual man.

                                ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:
“I have this deep settled peace, 
that says, I can obey.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 144-150

Weekly Memory Verses:  1 Corinthians 1:26-31

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment