Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

July 12 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Personal Development or Building the Church?”
Ephesians 4:13

We are reconciled unto God by what Jesus did, we have accepted this through faith and now stand redeemed by the complete work that He did for us. It has been said that each Church should have its own identity. Well, it does - lifting up Jesus Christ! If we can’t honor and lift up Jesus in all things of our lives, then we need to check and see who our real father is. My greatest goal as a preacher of the gospel is to lift up Jesus, not to put Him back upon the cross, but that people might see Him as He is - the Saviour of those that will trust Him to deliver them from eternal separation from God and Heaven. 

If we fail in presenting Jesus and Him crucified, buried and then glorified to soon come again and receive us unto Himself, then we need not to call ourselves a blood - bought Church. My desire as a preacher, missionary and person, is to lift up Christ, not just for myself or my own prestige but to the glory of God and for the sake of those on their way to hell. For the confused, wayward brethren that have lost hope. I therefore must know Jesus and be given totally to Him. I want what pleases God!  I want His presence; I desire to have His very life. And I don’t even know how to ask for what is best for me; But here I am Lord, use me, I want to be a vessel of honor.

“He Does It”

Do I measure myself, 

By what I have done? 

Or am I trusting Jesus,

That we two might be one.

                    ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“I must know Jesus.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 101-105

Weekly Memory Verses:  Psalms 32:1-6

1 Psalm of David, Maschil.>> Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2  Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3  When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4  For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

5  I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.


No comments:

Post a Comment