Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

July 11 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Aim of The Saint”
Philippians 3:10

Knowing Jesus is the ultimate in knowledge; Oh, that I may know Him in all things around me and all that is brought my way. Thank God that the Holy Spirit is persistent, guiding to realms of ecstasy and leading me in paths never thought of in the natural realm. I must always realize all of my circumstances and see Jesus in them -- if He is not, then I’m not to fret with it.

I’m careful not to let drudgery change me; but to allow even the smallest, weakest tasks to enlighten me and strengthen me in knowing more of the life of the Master - O, “that I may know Him.” I must ask myself; do I know Him in what I’m doing today? If I can’t get Christ in what I’m doing, then what I’m doing is of no benefit. I can’t get bogged down in worrying and wondering about myself, if I’m getting this or that done. But to know Him and lift Him up in my everyday walk is what needs to be done, regardless of circumstances. May I look at everything in the light of Jesus Christ and His glory.

“Knowing”

It’s not so much of what we do, 

That God will richly bless us;

It’s more of what we are becoming, 

as we get closer to knowing Jesus.

-Tom Milam


Daily Jewel:

"Knowing Jesus is the ultimate in knowledge."

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 92-100

Weekly Memory Verses:  Psalms 32:1-6

1 Psalm of David, Maschil.>> Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2  Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3  When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4  For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

5  I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.


No comments:

Post a Comment