Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 2, 2023

July 2 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Making of a Disciple”
Luke 14:26

Christ demands and deserves obedience in devotion. I must ask myself this morning, am I fully devoted to Jesus with a passion? Thank God Jesus never belonged to a club or some organization, which generally turns out to be a religious cult of some kind. A game that people play to satisfy themselves, all for the cause of a program or conscience soothing. And has no personal relationship with Jesus. A disciple is a disciplined Christian, brought in by the Holy Spirit, to every believer that will yield in devotedness.

Nothing can take the place of the love that Jesus instills in the heart of His people. God help us to be fully devoted to Him personally. I am an original, God made me a special way to please Him, never to please the world or some creed, club or curriculum. I’m put here to be devoted only to the Master and His cause. Surely, I can be devoted to the One that gives me life and a more abundant life. And finally, redemption of the lustful, listful, lingering, pride filled sinful body, that gives me most of my problems. I desire to have, and must practice, devotion. 

“A Noted Disciple”

A follower of Jesus, 

I must be;

Faithful, trusting, devoted; 

If a disciple I’m to be, 

Responsible, loyal, giving 

And promoted.

-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Christ demands and deserves obedience in devotion.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 40-45

Weekly Memory Verses:  Ephesians 2:1-5  

1 ¶And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)


No comments:

Post a Comment