Total Pageviews

Monday, July 10, 2023

July 10 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

 “Desiring Glory, But Without Responsibility”
(Spiritual Laziness)             Hebrews 10:24-25

A Christian can never retire, only just fade away. It is true that we don’t like to get involved with other lives and the hardships of life, but God called us to do these very things. If we let down one minute, the devil will make a wreck out of our mind and willpower. We must know Christ to learn Christ and to encourage others to wake up, get up, pay up, buy up, pray up because we’re going up! If we are not careful, we will get tired of the battles and want to retreat, but there’s no turning back, no vacations, no place to stop and tarry; only to help a fellow laborer. We have a tendency to say, now that this part of the battle is over, I can relax and enjoy my Christian independence for a while, but not so; the battle is just beginning in battling self-pride and a not-so-willing fleshly spirit. Christian joy is obedience to the Leader, the Master, our Commander-In-Chief.

All of the joy of serving and worshipping Jesus is not wrapped up in a shout all of the time; But going and praying with someone or provoking another to make up their mind to just go with God.

“On Purpose”

Thank you, Lord, for this 

privileged happiness; 

Break me and make me 

a purposeful witness.

                        ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Christian joy is obedience.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 81-87

Weekly Memory Verses:  Psalms 32:1-6

1 Psalm of David, Maschil.>> Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2  Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3  When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4  For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

5  I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

No comments:

Post a Comment