Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 8, 2023

July 8 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Exercising The Will”
Joshua 24:15

I will that the Spirit fill me today for service, as He has done so many times before. I have no doubt about it. God has laid on me a burden about some things that need to be done. Do you have some things in your life that needs to be accomplished and concerning the willingness in your life to be loyal to the Master? It is up to you and I to follow through in knowing the will of God for our lives.

I look back and see what you have done in the past Lord, and I know you’ll see me through these days of decision. When I was first saved, and then later called to preach, I could swing over hell on a grape vine, with a water pistol, and look the devil in the eye as he was cursing me out. I’ve willed in my life that same zeal again, and it has come back many times. And I choose once again to follow God with these new propositions of trust, he has presented to me. “Here I am Lord, use me.” 

I can’t trust the flesh and my own thinking to get the job done, I must trust the Almighty Spirit of God. Oh God, let me see you in all that I have to face, not allowing the influence of people or things to affect me. If I can’t see God in it, I’ll not do it! I will be loyal, I will serve, I give myself to you Lord. Thank you for the power of will.

“Just Thinking”

If loyal to Him I’ll be,   

then loyal He’ll be to me.

-Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“If I can’t see God in it, I’ll not do it.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 78-80

Weekly Memory Verses:  Psalms 23:1-6

A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment