Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

July 4 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Never Foster Fretting”
Psalm 37:8

I try not to fuss and fume about things, but I find myself getting caught up in my wicked flesh and must confess and repent. God made me a choice maker, so I choose not to be a fretter, fusser or to be stubborn about the will of God for my life. It is His will that I should never be anxious. When God says don’t do this or that, or we go along doing what we know not to do, God says, “my child I mean what I say.” If I obey, I’ll be better for it. It’s easy to obey God when things are going great and everyone around you seems to be happy and content.

But our response to a dark day shows our real character. We find out, and so do others, how pitifully wicked we really are. When we set out to get our own way, we’ll soon find out we will get in the way and have to be set aside until our stubborn, self-righteous behavior gets purged by the cleansing power of our Father. My own ideas are just that, my own. I must center my life on the will of God, or I will become a skeptical wimp. I must become a spiritual optimist and refuse to fret, fuss or fume about God’s will for my life. 

“There”

Where is God? The skeptics say,  

I don’t see Him in that or this; 

Believe and look around you,

He is “there”, and “there” is where the need is.

                        ~ Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:
“Our response to a dark day shows our real character.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 52-59

Weekly Memory Verses:  Ephesians 2:1-5  

1 ¶And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

No comments:

Post a Comment