Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

July 5 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Don’t Make A Move Without God”
Psalm 37:5

I don’t need to get into things if I can’t fit God in them. If there is one single little doubt about a circumstance I’m in, I should leave it alone, it’s not worth fretting or worrying over, if God can’t be included. I must go to God just the way I am, or I will never find His will for my life; I’m not righteous or clean enough to do it on my own merits. Being covered by the blood of Jesus gives me access to the throne of grace, anytime, whether I feel worthy or not.

Do I always have to feel guilty about something, or have shame cloud my view? I think not, I can approach God at any time, hallelujah! When I get up in the morning, the first thing I need to do, is call up God and talk to Him a little while and then shoulder the phone the rest of the day, because I will run into problems all day long. A day without trouble would worry me, because I wouldn’t get the opportunity to get a little closer to God. I’m glad I can go to Him anytime and in any circumstance.

 “He Came To Where I Was” 

When I was convicted of worldliness and sin,

God came along and just butted in. I once was lost, but now I’m found, It was by sin

I was fully bound, I now am whole, I’ve been set free,

By the grace of God I’ll forever be. (Eph. 2:4)

~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Being covered by the blood of Jesus gives me access to the throne of grace.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 60-66

Weekly Memory Verses:  Psalms 23:1-6

A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment