Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 6, 2023

July 6 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Valleys, Visions and Vanities”

Proverbs 29:18; Isaiah 35:7

I awoke this morning, fighting some depression again, and for the life of me, I can’t figure why. My first thoughts were that of doom and gloom, feeling a great sense of desperation, and failure. For a few minutes I felt fear grip my heart and mind, I almost panicked; then I looked at the valley I was in, and lifted my face toward Jesus in prayer and realized the temptation of Satan dimming my view and clouding my vision again. I then declared to my Heavenly Father and in the very presence of Satan, that I refuse to be brought under subjection of the tricks of the devil, and that I have decided to go on with God, Amen!

I feel faint and weary, but I will keep on in well doing. I cry out, "O God make the vision real in me, concerning the lost, and the things that need to be done in these mountains and Churches, and wherever You lead me. Help me Lord, to help others want to get involved in the work of the Lord Jesus."

God forgive me for pushing the visions on by myself and criticizing myself so bad all of the time. I want to be what the Lord wants me to be. So here I am Lord, help my unbelief. Here I am Lord, down in the valley, vanities are overwhelming, batter me into shape, that I may be used to your glory and honor. And if I can no longer be used, I am of no benefit to God or man, and I would just as soon be out of here.

“Living Your Vision”

While deep down in the valley of decisions,

Trying to rationalize life’s rhymes and reasons;

Vanities come and vex for a season, 

But Gods light shines through, 

And now I’m living my vision.

                                        ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“O God, make the vision real to me.”

 Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 67-71

Weekly Memory Verses:  Psalms 23:1-6

A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment