Total Pageviews

Monday, July 3, 2023

July 3 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“Recognizing Personal Sin”
Isaiah 6:5 

Standing openly before God, I am naked, nothing is covered, no acting like anything. Any sin in my life is brought to the forefront, I know it right away, and of course, so does God. 

Thank God for the convicting of the Spirit that brings to light the hidden things. If it wasn’t for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, I might try to get away with things that would cause precious souls to go to hell, God forbid.

Thank the Lord for bringing me into His presence when I sincerely ask Him a question, concerning sin that hinders. He will show me immediately my sin, and how deep in it I am. Shame and reproach will roll over me like a blanket, and in tears and a broken heart will I confess before Him; then repentance will follow. Then forgiveness of ourselves comes after God’s gracious forgiveness. Thank God for the Holy Spirit pointing out the sins of life. If not for the Spirit of God, we could never be saved or find forgiveness of sin.

“Deliverance”

I am saved, I’m forgiven, 

For the Lord, I am now living;

Sin had brought me low indeed, 

I saw my plight; I saw my need.

But the hand of God did touch me, 

Now I’m cleansed, I’m now set free. 

Hear me friend, whatever you do, 

Come to Jesus, and to Him be true.

He will take you home to Glory,

If you will heed to the greatest love-story.

                                                ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Thank God for the Holy Spirit pointing out the sins of life.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 46-51

Weekly Memory Verses:  Ephesians 2:1-5  

1 ¶And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)


No comments:

Post a Comment