Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 1, 2023

July 1 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“The Prison of Stubborn Self Will”
Matthew 5:26; Hebrews 12:6-7 

The Holy Spirit guards everything about me: He stops me, He starts me, He guides me in places unbelievable, He teaches me, and He lives in me, not in part but in fullness. I therefore have the power to judge myself and rise above every storm. If I’m convicted about something and do nothing about it, blessings will be withheld, and chastisement is soon to follow; What child would not want to please his father in obedience? When I’m floundering around in myself, stubborn and overwrought in circumstances, the Spirit reminds me of my position and disposition about it. It is then put on display, so I can get in the right relation with God.

To be right with God, there can be nothing standing between me and Him, and when I realize there is, I must at once rid myself of it. When the Holy Spirit tugs at my heart, and says, you ought to do so and so, then I must do it now. If I wait until I think things are right, or wait until it gets better, I have allowed my own thinking to hinder the process of obedience. I’m therefore going backward instead of forward, and I have decided that it is better to go forward with God.

“Security”

The devil, with his tricks 

Will haunt,

But with Christ’s blood, 

We’ve been bought;

Liberty’s not doing as we want, 

But only as we ought.

                                ~Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“There can be nothing standing between me and Him.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 36-39

Weekly Memory Verses:  Ephesians 2:1-5  

1 ¶And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 ¶But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)



No comments:

Post a Comment