Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 9, 2023

July 9 ~ Dr. Tom Milam He Leadeth Me Devotional

“A Deliberate Commitment, But I’m Too Unworthy.”
Joshua 24:19

If there is anything in my life that keeps me from serving God in its fullest capacity, it is that I have not yet learned to trust completely. My own feelings keep getting in the way -- I get frustrated with myself in trying to get accomplished what I need the Lord to get done in His infinite wisdom, in me. I am not holy; I declare this day, “Oh, dear Jesus, make me holy as you are holy -- Make me as holy as a pardoned sinner can be made.” I desire the power of God to saturate me, within and without, because some things have slipped by me that I just didn’t see. As a preacher, I must overcome these difficulties in the power of Almighty God.

“Here I am, I will serve God! I have decided to follow Jesus, I’ll not turn back; I will believe, I know I have nothing to trust in, but you Lord.” Yes, I’m unworthy, I’m weak, I’m not fit to serve anyone, much less God! But I’m willing that you might work through me, Oh Lord God! I think I’ll just go with God!

My good works are of no benefit, I must learn to fully believe God in all things; I find myself trying to do too many things in my own power, because of slackness in patience. So, do in me all that you say Lord, help my unbelief.

“Just Thinking:” 

Thank you, Lord, for the tasks and the tests.

 -Tom Milam

Daily Jewel:

“Help my unbelief.”

Bible Reading Schedule: Psalm 81-87

Weekly Memory Verses:  Psalms 32:1-6


1 Psalm of David, Maschil.>> Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2  Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3  When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4  For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

5  I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.


No comments:

Post a Comment